Pour Me Another
Expert mixologist and James Beard Award-winning editorial director of Milk Street J.M. Hirsch has the answer in Pour Me Another, where every recipe helps you choose your next drink.
- Consider the rum Mojito. If that’s your go-to, you might not consider yourself a bourbon drinker. But a whiskey Mint Julep delivers many of the same refreshing, minty notes. And from there it’s a short jump to a vodka Mint Fizz, which livens things up with lemon and almond syrup.
- Or maybe you’re a bourbon Old Fashioned drinker. Pour Me Another guides you to a gin Bijou, which brings in Manhattan-like notes. Then try a Vieux Carré, with herbal notes atop peppery rye. Soon you’re sipping a Mexican Vieux Carré, which uses tequila for a similar rich and spicy effect.
- If a Gin & Tonic is more your speed, head toward tropical territory with a gingery Lime in de Coconut. Like that one? Go for a Coconut-Lime Daiquiri next.
- Everyone loves a Margarita, but have you tried the Manhattan-inspired La Rosita?
- Discover the versatility of vodka with a cousin to the Martini, in the botanical Stupid Cupid.
No matter your taste or liquor of choice, Pour Me Another guides you to a new world of drinks you’ll love. It’s an essential handbook for cocktail lovers and home mixologists everywhere.